Friday, December 7, 2012

Server Exploits, Week One

Introduction

Some time ago, I started a project that ran Kippo, a medium interaction honeypot on a server I ran to intercept attacks that hackers were making on the system as I wanted a glimpse in to the first few moments of what they do.

In this series of videos, I'll play some of the more interesting logs with commentary as to what (I think) is going on.

The Attack


If you are watching and recognize your work, and want recognition or it to be removed, contact me and I'll be happy to oblige.

Commands Referenced in this Video

Transcript Of Attack

sales:~# w
21:56:41 up 14 days, 3:53, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.01
USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE JCPU PCPU WHAT
root pts/0 000.000.000.000 21:56 0.00s 0.00s 0.00s w
sales:~# ls
sales:~# free -m
bash: free: command not found
sales:~#

No comments:

Post a Comment